What are we proposing?
Through the introduction of residential units and open space, and the reintroduction of retail and commercial space, this mixed-use proposal hopes to become a gateway corner into the Upper Avenue Community. Improving the public realm is a must for this project and First Capital looks forward to making this site a pedestrian friendly place to shop, live, and work.
This project has a significant opportunity to improve the walkability of Avenue and Lawrence, and create an experience that makes it a destination for the community. Through the redevelopment of the site there will be:
- Wider sidewalks, doubling size in some areas
- Places to sit and art to enjoy
- A reduced number of curb cuts
Green & Open Space
Providing much needed green and open space in the Avenue and Lawrence neighbourhood, by providing:
- Over 9,700 square feet of green & open space
- Playground for children
- Trees and plantings surrounding the site
Providing a boost and injection of vibrancy into the retail landscape along the Avenue Corridor, by providing:
- Almost 50,000 square feet of retail space
- Retail on level one of "Building A" and levels one and two in "Building B"
- Continuous retail frontages along Avenue and Lawrence
- 150 retail underground parking spaces
The size of this site allows for a unique opportunity in the Upper Avenue area. This proposal responds to the site context in providing two mixed-use residential buildings with heights of 10 and 13 storeys.
There will be a total of 455 units, including 15 rental replacement units. Parking for cars and bikes will be provided underground, with 605 parking spaces and 481 bicycle parking spaces.